When we’re navigating loss or change, it’s always good to ensure our decisions come from a place of trust. But how often do you find yourself procrastinating or getting into an unresourceful state when you need to make a decision?
I’m going to share with you a way you can make decisions easily and ditch the head junk that clouds our decision making process. This is something which has helped me to make decisions at a time when I felt like I couldn’t see the wood from the trees.
Get your journal out.
Before you do the *eye roll*, read on because this is really going to help bring your true feelings to the surface and get to the bottom of your thought patterns.
The next time you find yourself facing a big decision, do this:
STEP #1. First write out all the options available to you.
STEP #2. For each option, use the following journal prompts:
- How does this choice make you feel? Go with your first gut reaction.
- Imagine this is the choice you’ve chosen. Visualise what it looks like a little way into the future. How does it feel now?
- Reconnect with your passion and purpose. Does this choice bring you closer to what you love and what you’re about?
- Does the thought of this choice make you feel energised?
- What would you need to have happen in order to feel comfortable with this choice?
Once you’ve done this for every available option, you will have a clearer idea of which way to go. So often we know deep down what it is we want to do, but we allow the fear to creep in and block us.
It can help to talk these things through instead – just make sure it’s with somebody who will listen and offer no opinion on what’s ‘right’ for you. Coaching is a good way to go.
Grab a complimentary call with me and we’ll work through this together.